IMPROVED RACING -12AN OIL FILTER RELOCATION HOUSING W/ THERMOSTAT
Improved Racing's remote oil filter mount features a built-in thermostat to save both space and cost. Intended for use with an oil cooler, the internal thermostat ensures engine oil reaches safe operating temperatures quickly and prevents over-cooling.
The thermostat valve is set to 215°F temperatures for use with engine oil.
Other temperatures available, for more information please contact us.
This remote filter head features female -10AN O-ring boss threads, and includes (4) -12AN Fittings
Other sizes available, for more information please contact us.
This unit is available with either an M22x1.50. Optional WIX Oil Filter available for puchase.
The filter screw is machined from hardened 410 stainless steel, which is stronger and more durable than common grades such as 304 and 316. The mounting bracket offers four different mounting options, is made from lightweight aluminum, and is Type II anodized for durability.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces excessive engine wear and horsepower losses while improving gas mileage by accelerating engine warm up and preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Oil flows through filter first (thermostat does not bypass the filter)
- Allows a small percentage (less than 10%) of fluid to continually circulate through the cooler to eliminate air pockets and prevent cold fluid trapped in the cooler from shocking the system
- Large M22x1.50 filter thread is compatible with a wide range of filters
- Supports filters with gasket outer diameters up to 3.44" (minimum gasket inner diameter is 2.00")
- Filter screw is machined from hardened 410 stainless steel for excellent durability
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Lightweight black anodized aluminum mounting bracket with 4 different mounting options
- Female -10AN O-ring boss ports
- Patent-pending design
- Made in USA
- Lifetime Warranty